Today I Choose Joy

October 9, 2013

joy

Joy is such a blessing. I think that probably one in five people in this world today actually experience joy on a daily basis. Don't misunderstand me; it's not like a secret club to be joyful, and we all have bad days. But, like the quote above says, joy is a choice. 

Psalm 16:11 (AMP) says "You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore." That says so much in one little verse. Where can we find true joy? Only in God's presence. 

God delights in our happiness. I have found many times that when I am having just a rotten day, something unexpectedly amazing will happen. We can go to the Father and ask for His joy. Happiness can fade, but joy lasts forever.

Anyway, just think of all the wonderful things we have in this life. Just to name a few: Krispy Kremes, the new Hobbit movie, Pinterest, baby animals, the list goes on people. Don't focus on the negative things when God has so clearly blessed us. If you feel like you are just never happy, I suggest you spend some time with Jesus. He is the author and the giver of joy, where else would you go to find it?

Have a joyful day, friends.

(Image source)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...