Don't Judge

May 17, 2013


Sometimes it's hard to love people. That neighbor who always blares their music, that stalker guy at the Walmart deli (true story), or that coworker who always wants to tell you her life story...in perfect, awkward detail. 

But do you realize that we are not called to judge and condemn the world, but to love it? The Bible talks about love so many times. Just one of these is 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, which says "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." 

If you are honest with yourself, you will come to the conclusion that sometimes you are not easy to love, either. But God still loves you. He never has and never will give up on you. It's your job to take His love and spread it around. 

(Image source)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...