Weekend Beauty Tips

February 8, 2013


For most of you, the weekday is time to put your best face forward. When the weekend hits, it's easy to just let yourself go a bit. Out come the sweats, and makeup is tossed into the bag until you need to get all gussied up again. So I put together a simple, quick weekend beauty routine that will take only a few minutes, leaving you fresh and primped.

1. Cleanse your face. (I like Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser; it's el cheapo, gentle, and oil-free.) When you dry it off, use a soft towel and pat. Never rub or swipe, it can irritate your skin.

2. Moisturize, especially in the winter. I have dry skin year-round, so I always take care to use lotion. The kind with SPF built in is the best, even when it isn't sunny. Make sure there is no lotion on top of your skin, rub it in until your skin doesn't feel greasy.

3. Put the brightening face primer on, especially under your eyes. I get dark circles, so this is literally a lifesaver.  

4. Curl your eyelashes. Here is a great tutorial that tells you how to get longer, more defined lashes. (Always the goal.)
5. Apply mascara from the base to tip of your lashes. Blinking when you brush can help get it all the way down to the lash line. Take care to get the little corner lashes.

6. Put on your lip balm. Enough said.

I included nail polish as well because I usually do my nails on the weekend. It's the only time that I have the motivation to do it really well, and have usually very little to do, so it can dry.

1. Badgal Lash Mascara | 2. Baby Lips Lip Balm | 3. Sephora Eyelash Curler | 4. Scotch Naturals in Seaboard | 5. That Gal Face Primer

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...